Apply for a F-1 Visa
Here’s how to apply for an F-1 visa. It is recommended that you allow at least 3 months to complete the application. You are required to pay SEVIS I-901 fee of $350, fill out the DS-160 form, pay a visa application fee of $160, and schedule a visa interview. You will then receive your F-1 Visa attached to your passport upon completion of the interview. Be aware the SEVIS fee has to be paid at least 3 business days prior to the date of your scheduled visa interview.
Please check this website for more details about the F-1 Visa Process.
Pay SEVIS I-901 fee of $350.
Type your information very carefully. This is a one-time fee, there is no additional fee for an F-2 visa, if applicable, which is issued for dependents.
Please print out a receipt at the end of payment. You will be required to bring your receipt to your scheduled visa interview.
Fill out an application for the DS-160 form.
Allow yourself a couple of hours to complete the form. Use the following documents to complete the form:
- Travel itinerary if you have made travel arrangement to the USA
- Dates of your last five trips to the USA. You may also be asked for your International travel history for the past five years.
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Some applicants, will be asked to provide additional information when completing the DS-160.
You will also be required to pay an application fee of $160. Print out its receipt in addition to the receipt of the SEVIS I-901 fee.
For FAQs regarding the DS-160 Form.
You are almost there! To schedule your visa interview, visit the website of your country’s US embassy.
Upon your interview, please make sure to bring the following materials:
- Passport with validity of at least 6 months beyond your period of stay in the United States
- Evidence of your ability to pay for your education (bank statement)
- OCCC Acceptance Letter
- Form DS-160 confirmation page
- Printed receipt of SEVIS I-901 fee
- Printed receipt of your visa application fee
- A photo, in addition to one needed for DS-160 form. Find the requirements for your photo.
Any additional requirements shown on the website of your country’s US embassy.
Let’s prepare for your interview. The interviewer will be asking you questions, so you should be able to answer them clearly and confidently. Practice answering questions such as:
- Why do you want to go to OCCC?
- What do you plan to study?
- How will education at OCCC benefit you when you return?
- Who will sponsor your education?
- Do you intend to work in the U.S?
- What is your plan after graduation?
For more information regarding a visa interview